The North Iowa Landlords Association was formed on November 11, 1999. We are Chapter #17 in the Landlords of Iowa, LLC. We are governed by a Board of Directors consisting of a President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, and five Board Members. Meetings are held nine times per year; there are no meetings in July, August, or December. Meetings are on the second Tuesday of the month, composed of an organizational business meeting, guest speakers, and networking with other landlords and property managers. Members receive access to important landlord forms and copies of relevant Iowa codes.
The purposes of our organization are:
1. To advance the general welfare of the rental property industry.
2. To share and exchange information and experience with fellow members and other landlord groups.
3. To encourage within the rental industry a high appreciation of the responsibilities of owners and property managers in providing adequate housing to the community.
4. To promote the enforcement of local, state, and federal laws beneficial to rental property owners.
5. To disseminate useful information to all members and inspire them to further educate themselves in the practical operations of rental property management.
6. To advocate a Code of Ethics to maintain high professional standards and sound business practices among members for the best interest of the industry and tenants.
7. To educate landlords, property managers, and tenants as to their rights and responsibilities under the law.
8. To promote both federal and state Fair Housing Laws.